Why Educators Should Join PSE
Educator members are typically faculty from universities/colleges at which chapters are located. Educators assist and advise project implementation and achievement of chapter objectives, as well as communicate the purpose, programs, and activities of the chapter to the university administration and faculty.
Already Joined and Paid Through a Local Chapter?
You already are a member, but you need to register right here online.
It's easy for you get active again. If we still have a valid login for you, pay and rejoin right here. You will not owe an initiation fee. If you can't log in because your information is out of date, contact us to help you update it and rejoin.
Benefits to being a PSE Faculty Advisor
- Opportunity to help students in professional and personal development – intrinsic rewards associated with teaching in higher education
- Social interaction – fosters faculty/student relationships outside the classroom; some are life-long relationships in which the faculty advisor enjoys tracking the success of former PSE members for years
- Opportunity to mentor students on projects that are difficult to develop/implement in the classroom
- Opportunity to develop students’ leadership skills
- Opportunity to gain publicity for the business college and to enhance the marketing program’s image on campus
- Recruiters like to see student applicants with well-rounded college experiences (involvement in student organizations); advisor helps to offer those experiences
- Resume item – recognition from school administrators (not a common phenomenon)
- Opportunity to meet with other sales & marketing faculty members at the NCSM and discuss teaching/research issues
- Profile in PSE’s Dotted Lines newsletter
- Involvement on a regional and national level through conference and convention attendance and participation including the faculty advisors’ roundtable discussion at the national convention
- The opportunity to serve as a coach and judge the Pro-Am Sell-a-Thon sales competition both regionally and nationally
- The opportunity to be appointed to the PSE National Council governing board and serve on organizational advisory committees
- The opportunity to be recognized as Faculty Advisor of the Year and receive a research stipend
- Networking with PSE’s dozens of corporate partners and recruiting specialists
- Networking with other faculty advisors from the 60+ chapters around the country
- Participate in the National Conference in Sales Management and network with the editors and publishers of the Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management
- Work closely with some of the top students at your University and share in their success
- It’s fun, rewarding and life affirming.
Here is what some of Faculty Advisor's say about their experiences:
PSE is an opportunity that every marketing student should have. We know that our students can gain knowledge in the classroom, but PSE can give them the chance to apply that knowledge in a setting that is supportive and positive. For me, watching the students and meeting other faculty colleagues from across the nation makes the time commitment an outstanding value. The quality of the experiences is unparalleled. Our alumni point to PSE as an essential tool to launching their careers. I smile from ear-to-ear as I watch my chapter’s students learn that they can be successful.
Dr. Lois Smith, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
If you take full advantage of everything Pi Sigma Epsilon has to offer, I can assure you that your experience as an advisor of Pi Sigma Epsilon will be both uplifting and rewarding not just for you, but for your students as well.
Dr. Matthew Bunker, University of Northern Iowa
Pleae feel free to call us questions. Or, if you're ready to take the plunge, join right now!