SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR ALL PAPERS please follow closely
- The complete paper should be submitted electronically to the appropriate session in Microsoft Word format no later than Tuesday, November 15, 2022.
Be sure to submit your paper to the appropriate URL on the NCSM website:
2. Please submit one (1) file with author information (names, affiliation, address, phone, and email) confined to the first page only. Please indicate which one author is the key contact for communication. The second page should begin with the manuscript title and abstract.
3. Papers will be reviewed using a double-blind review procedure. Authors should avoid revealing their identities in the bodies of the papers (again, names are to be on the first page only). Manuscripts must include a single-spaced abstract not exceeding 100 words. The body of the paper should adhere to all the manuscript submission guidelines of the Journal of Selling. Maximum length is 30 double-spaced pages, including tables, exhibits, and references. Submissions that exceed 30 pages will be immediately returned to the author for appropriate editing. As another option, authors may submit extended abstracts (~5 pages), which will also be double-blind reviewed (but extended abstracts are highly unlikely to win best paper awards).
4. Each submission will be evaluated on the importance and potential contribution of the sales topic, quality of conceptual development, sampling, methodology, and the managerial relevance of the results. Conceptual research papers, extended abstracts (~5 pages), and works-in- progress are highly welcome and encouraged.
5. To be considered for presentation at the conference and publication in the Proceedings, a paper or a similar version of it must not: (a) have been previously published, (b) have been accepted for publication elsewhere, (c) be under an advanced stage (second or higher round) of review publication elsewhere, or (d) be submitted for review by another conference until such time as it is rejected from this conference.
6. At least one author of an accepted paper must: (a) appear at the conference to present the paper, (b) return a properly formatted version of the paper (formatting instructions will be provided to the authors of accepted papers from the Proceedings Editor) to the Proceedings Editor for publication in the Proceedings in abstract or full paper version, and (c) pre-register for the Conference no later than when submitting the final draft of an accepted paper(s).
Note: Submissions not accepted for the competitive paper session will be automatically considered for inclusion in the Research Roundtable session, an interactive, small-group discussion designed to give authors suggestions and feedback about their research. Authors should inform the session chair (Dr. Greg Rich, email@example.com) if they prefer that their submission be considered exclusively for the Research Roundtable session – otherwise, the submission will first be considered for a competitive paper session.