Wednesday, March 29 – Friday, March 31, 2023
Professional Sales and Sales Management Practices for the 21st Century
2023 Conference Doctoral Program History Contact Us
0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
Welcome to the National Conference in Sales Management (NCSM). NCSM exists to create a premier conference and disseminate knowledge in the areas of sales management and personal selling.
We are very pleased that the 2023 conference will be held in person in Historic Norfolk, Virginia from March 29th starting at 1 pm to 31st concluding by 5 pm.
Questions? The Program Chair for NCSM 2023 is Dr. Stacey Schetzsle, University of Tampa, email@example.com.
About the Conference
NCSM is the premier international gathering of scholars, instructors, and practitioners interested in professional selling and sales management research and teaching. The conference consists of double-blind review competitive paper sessions, research roundtable sessions, sales education sessions, and special sessions devoted to connecting academia and practice. Cash prizes are awarded for best competitive papers, doctoral student paper, and teaching innovation presentation.
Present your research and sales education pedagogy to top sales scholars. Sessions are always well-attended and the special sessions are fun.
ABOUT NORFOLK, VIRGINIA
Historic Charm: Norfolk is a 400-year-old city that played a vital role in the birth of the United States. Norfolk has a large number of historic attractions and neighborhoods.
Business-to-business selling: The Norfolk area has the third largest port on the East Coast. This is a hot spot for business-to-business selling in the field of logistics.
Business-to-government selling: With 15 military installations, this region has one of the largest concentrations of armed forces in the U.S. To meet demand, this area has a large number of government contractors.
The food and the beer: Norfolk is a hidden gem for foodies. There are a large number of small independent restaurants and high-quality breweries throughout the city.
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
235 E Main St, Norfolk, VA 23510
Click here for reservation
Reservation cutoff date: March 5th, 2023
Room Rates: $171/night plus tax
Parking Rates: $15/night for overnight guests.
Awards & Recognition
Education Sessions: Teaching Moments ($500 cash, plaque) Sponsored by Mix Deck
Education Sessions: Teaching Applications ($500 cash, plaque) Sponsored by Stukent
Hunt/Deitz/Hansen Best Doctoral Paper Award ($500 cash, plaque)
Ferrell/Hartline/Hochstein Best Doctoral Working Paper ($500 cash, plaque)
Best Paper Award ($500 cash award, plaque) Sponsored by Indiana State University
Please follow closely
1. The complete paper should be submitted electronically at: ncsmweb.com to the appropriate session in Microsoft Word format no later than Tuesday, November 15, 2022.
Be sure to submit your paper to the appropriate URL on the NCSM website:
- For competitive papers: CLICK HERE
- For doctoral student papers: CLICK HERE
- For sales education papers: CLICK HERE
- For special sessions: CLICK HERE
2. Please submit one (1) file with author information (names, affiliation, address, phone, and email) confined to the first page only. Please indicate which one author is the key contact for communication. The second page should begin with the manuscript title and abstract.
3. Papers will be reviewed using a double-blind review procedure. Authors should avoid revealing their identities in the bodies of the papers (again, names are to be on the first page only). Manuscripts must include a single-spaced abstract not exceeding 100 words. The body of the paper should adhere to all the manuscript submission guidelines of the Journal of Selling. The maximum length is 30 double-spaced pages, including tables, exhibits, and references. Submissions that exceed 30 pages will be immediately returned to the author for appropriate editing. As another option, authors may submit extended abstracts (~5 pages), which will also be double-blind reviewed (but extended abstracts are unlikely to win best paper awards).
Submission Guidelines (Continued)
4. Each submission will be evaluated on the importance and potential contribution of the sales topic, quality of conceptual development, sampling, methodology, and the managerial relevance of the results. Conceptual research papers, extended abstracts (~5 pages), and works-in-progress are highly welcome and encouraged.
Note: Submissions not accepted for the competitive paper session will be automatically considered for inclusion in the Research Roundtable, which is an interactive, small-group discussion designed to give authors suggestions and feedback about their early stage research.
Authors should inform the session chair, Dr. Christine Lai-Bennejean, firstname.lastname@example.org, if they prefer that their submission be considered exclusively for the Research Roundtable session – otherwise, the submission will first be considered for a competitive paper session.
5. To be considered for presentation at the conference and publication in the Proceedings, a paper or a similar version of it must not: a) have been previously published, b) have been accepted for publication elsewhere, c) be under an advanced stage (second or higher round) of review publication elsewhere, or d) be submitted for review by another conference until such time as it is rejected from this conference.
6. At least one author of an accepted paper must: (a) appear at the conference to present the paper, (b) return a properly formatted version of the paper (formatting instructions will be provided to the authors of accepted papers from the Proceedings Editor) to the Proceedings editor for publication in the Proceedings in abstract or full paper version, and (c) pre-register for the Conference no later than when submitting the final draft of an accepted paper(s).
"The NCSM conference is the best sales conference in the world where I get to meet the top researchers in this field. I am glad to be part of this unique group!
"I learned some best practices from both sessions and through separate impromptu meetings with attendees that I incorporate into my classes very easily and quickly. I was challenged to think about how I do things differently. "
"I was a complete newbie to this conference and the fellow researchers about 4 years ago! Today, it feels like I have been attending this conference all my career!! I have built connections here. Already successfully concluded a research paper (accepted JPSSM) that was a direct result of attending this conference. Have picked up a variety of classroom techniques to engage students in ways that I wasn't aware of. Finally, even though I have a CB background I felt warm welcome from the researchers over here, who are genuinely friendly and brought me up to the speed in the field in no time! Thanks!"