Welcome to the National Conference in Sales Management (NCSM). NCSM exists to create a premier conference and disseminate knowledge in the areas of sales management and personal selling.
We are very pleased that the 2024 conference will be held in person in St. Louis, Missouri from April 10th to April 12th.
Questions? The Program Chair for NCSM 2024 is Dr. Aaron Arndt, Old Dominion University, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE.
NCSM is the premier international gathering of scholars, instructors, and practitioners interested in professional selling and sales management research and teaching. The conference consists of double-blind review competitive paper sessions, research roundtable sessions, sales education sessions, and special sessions devoted to connecting academia and practice. Cash prizes are awarded for best competitive papers, doctoral student paper, and teaching innovation presentation.
Present your research and sales education pedagogy to top sales scholars. Sessions are always well-attended and the special sessions are fun.
Registration for the conference will be $450.
ABOUT ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI.
Iconic Landmarks and Rich History: St. Louis is home to several iconic landmarks that are worth a visit. The Gateway Arch is the city's most recognizable symbol and offers stunning views of the Mississippi River and the surrounding area. The Gateway Arch reflects the role St. Louis had in the Westward Expansion of the United States during the nineteenth century. St. Louis has a rich and vibrant history that can be explored through its numerous museums and historical sites. The Missouri History Museum, located in Forest Park, provides insights into the city's past, while the National Blues Museum showcases the history and influence of blues music.
Culinary and Beverage Delights: St. Louis has a diverse and delicious food scene. It is known for its unique culinary specialties, including St. Louis-style barbecue, toasted ravioli, gooey butter cake, and Provel cheese. The city offers a wide range of dining options, from casual eateries to fine dining establishments, ensuring there's something to suit every palate. St. Louis is known for its thriving craft beer scene, with several breweries offering a wide range of flavorful and unique brews (e.g., Schlafly Beer, Urban Chestnut Brewing Co., 4 Hands Brewing Co., Perennial Artisan Ales, and more).
Business and Innovation Hub: St. Louis has a thriving business and innovation ecosystem. The city is known for its strong presence in sectors such as healthcare, biotechnology, agriculture, and financial services.
Cultural Offerings: St. Louis has a thriving arts and culture scene. The St. Louis Art Museum houses an impressive collection of artworks from various periods and cultures. The Fox Theatre is a stunning venue for Broadway shows and other performances. The city is also known for its symphony orchestra, opera, and ballet companies, offering a diverse range of cultural experiences.
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
1 South Broadway
Saint Louis, MO 63102
Click here for reservation
Reservation Cutoff Date: March 9, 2024
Room Rates: $160/night plus tax
Parking Rates: On site parking $35
AWARDS & RECOGNITION.
Education Sessions: Teaching Moments ($500 cash, plaque)
Education Sessions: Teaching Applications ($500 cash, plaque)
Hunt/Deitz/Hansen Best Doctoral Paper Award ($500 cash, Plaque)
Ferrell/Hartline/Hochstein Best Doctoral Working Paper ($500 cash, plaque)
Wessex Press: Best Paper Award ($500 cash award, plaque)
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
1. Paper SubmissionComing Soon
2. Author InformationPlease submit one (1) file with author information (names, affiliation, address, phone, and email) confined to the first page only. Please indicate which one author is the key contact for communication. The second page should begin with the manuscript title and abstract.
3. Review PapersPapers will be reviewed using a double-blind review procedure. Authors should avoid revealing their identities in the bodies of the papers (again, names are to be on the first page only). Manuscripts must include a single-spaced abstract not exceeding 100 words. The body of the paper should adhere to all the manuscript submission guidelines of the Journal of Selling. The maximum length is 30 double-spaced pages, including tables, exhibits, and references. Submissions that exceed 30 pages will be immediately returned to the author for appropriate editing. As another option, authors may submit extended abstracts (~5 pages), which will also be double-blind reviewed (but extended abstracts are unlikely to win best paper awards).
4. EvaluationEach submission will be evaluated on the importance and potential contribution of the sales topic, quality of conceptual development, sampling, methodology, and the managerial relevance of the results. Conceptual research papers, extended abstracts (~5 pages), and works-in-progress are highly welcome and encouraged.
Note: Submissions not accepted for the competitive paper session will be automatically considered for inclusion in the Research Roundtable, which is an interactive, small-group discussion designed to give authors suggestions and feedback about their early stage research. Authors should inform the session chair, Dr. Christine Lai-Bennejean, email@example.com, if they prefer that their submission be considered exclusively for the Research Roundtable session – otherwise, the submission will first be considered for a competitive paper session.
5. PRESENTATION & PUBLICATION ELIGIBILITYTo be considered for presentation at the conference and publication in the Proceedings, a paper or a similar version of it must not: a) have been previously published, b) have been accepted for publication elsewhere, c) be under an advanced stage (second or higher round) of review publication elsewhere, or d) be submitted for review by another conference until such time as it is rejected from this conference.
6. OTHER ELIGIBILITYAt least one author of an accepted paper must: (a) appear at the conference to present the paper, (b) return a properly formatted version of the paper (formatting instructions will be provided to the authors of accepted papers from the Proceedings Editor) to the Proceedings editor for publication in the Proceedings in abstract or full paper version, and (c) pre-register for the Conference no later than when submitting the final draft of an accepted paper(s).